• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bing carb Jabiru 3300

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc W

My hanger neighbor has a Rans S-6 with a Jabiru 3300. He says he only gets 2650 rpm at WOT. The Jabiru 3300 engines are rated 120 hp at 3300 rpm so 2650 rpm is way down the power curve. He says performance is poor as you would expect. He has the Sensenich fixed pitch prop that is recommended for the 3300. I agreed to take a look at his engine to see if there is anything obvious that would reduce performance that much.

He bought the airplane in Phoenix which is about 1000 msl. We are at 5200 msl so altitude is a factor. The engine has a Bing carb. He has not rejetted for the altitude but I don't think that would make that much difference.

I am not sure what has been checked. He did check the tach and the FBO did his condition inspection so compressions are probably good and I expect the valves have been adjusted. Is there anything on the Bing carb that should be adjusted other than jets? Any other ideas?

Back