• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Earth X Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippydiesel

Hi All,

My new project is fitted with an Earth X ETX 900 start battery. I have been looking for a cost effective emergency portable "jump pack" that I will carry with me when on an "away trip".
Yes I could just purchase the Earth X offering but it seems a tad costly for what it offers.
Your recommendations will be much appreciated.
I would like the jump pack to be;
  • As small/light as possible (consistent with the following)
  • Capable of starting my Rotax 912ULS many times on one charge (most do this)
  • Have a spare set of cables that I can fit with an Anderson Plug to power an assortment of 12V items (the most important being a re fuelling pump) - Many do not list accessories of this description.
  • Some of the automotive offerings, I have been looking at, specify "For Lead Acid Battery's Only" - I would of thought 12volts/amps from any source would have been okay for topping up/jump starting my Earth X - your comment?
  • Recharging options to include via ship USB.
  • Have all the usual capabilities - flash light, USB, etc

Back