• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

simplest/easiest two place?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lr27

Mostly as a hypothetical matter of curiousity, what's the simplest/easiest to build design that:
-has 500 lbs useful load plus fuel (or maybe 475 min.) with two seats
-engine not too expensive, materials not too expensive
-relatively low stall speed and good handling, and generally relatively safe
-enclosed, i.e. not open cockpit
-doesn't look like everything else To clarify, and I realize this is subjective: not like other high wing planes, not like the usual ultralights with gobs of draggy stuff in the breeze, not gobs of wires, usually prefer no struts. Exemplars of simple airplanes I like the looks of are the stock Volksplane and the Facetmobile. But one design is not available, and the other is single place and I could put it over gross by myself, maybe. I realize this probably means I'm eccentric, and I do admire some pretty airplanes if someone else builds them. Like, say, the DeHavilland Puss Moth (ok, struts, I know), Miles M.3A Falcon, Ercoupe, or the CX-4

Aesthetics could be sacrificed somewhat.

Although this is pretty hypothetical for me, I don't feel too bad because, other than the aesthetics, I bet a lot of other people would be interested in the same thing.

Hopefully the site/browser/computer really did eat the first attempt and this isn't the second instance of this question.

Back