• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Replacing Force One seal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marc W

The prop hub seal on my 2180 VW has started leaking badly. I had oil dripping from the bottom of the cowl and a puddle in the baffles below the hub after Thursday's flight. This morning it was even worse. The whole bottom of the airplane is oiled. It is a disgusting turn of events since the engine only has 91 hours on it. It was assembled in 2012 so I guess age has taken its toll.

I will need to pull the Force One hub in order to replace the seal. I have never had it apart. Will the hub come off easily? I have pullers. Do I need to heat it?

Does anybody know what size the seal is?

Back