• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Can a sim builder participate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmig

Hello fellow aviators and aviatrixes. I am a former USAF flyer. I attended pilot at the now defunct Craig AFB and flew B-52s and F-4s in the service. I quit flying after leaving the Air Force. I started flying again a few years ago for business purposes and discovered the amazing versatility of Microsoft flight simulator.

After laying off flying for 15 years, I was nervous to start again (especially since I no longer has an ejection seat :) ) So I used the program to pre-fly my early business cross country flights.

Two years later, I lost my medical due to a small angioplasty procedure and stent placement. My new goal is to introduce young people to flying through the use of an T-38 jet simulator. I chose the T-38 because I loved the jet in pilot training and its relative simplicity. I hope to someday mount it on a trailer and bring it to CAP meetings, BSA meetings and air shows.

My goal is to make it as realistic to flying the real jet as it can be within my abilities and budget. I came here because I want ideas on how real aircraft are built so I can transfer some of the applicable techniques and designs into my T-38. Rather than use commercially available joy sticks and rudders, I am building my own to resemble the real T-38 components.

Then who knows, maybe some day I will get my medical back and build a plane of my own?

John

Back