• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Re-Drive designs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OMAC

Hi to the Home built Community. I hope to gain knowledge and return the favor in the future as I gain aircraft experience.

I am designing a weight shift trike. I have settled on construction materials, front and rear suspension. Engine choice and re-drive's are my next challenge. I have looked at belt, chain and gear box re-drives. I t seems that almost every manufacture builds their own re drive. It seems the most used re-drive centers around a belt.

Has anyone looked at or knows of a CVT that is designed specifically for ultralights ? Taking a CVT off a ATV is not practical for an ultralight, but the principle may have promise.

Any thoughts and input will be appreciated.

OMAC

Back