• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Pomodoro

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
650D4653-2B48-46D8-8315-991678D66566.jpeg

I don’t know where to begin with this project. I hadn’t planned it, it was spur of the moment and it started in almost a state of mental stress and sadness.

I had welded up a V-Witt fuselage and finished the ribs for the wings when Coronovirus broke the news. It was weird. Still is. I never ever watch news but this drew me in. I was watching this Coronovirus overseas and watching how everyone was locking down and I swear I could see the future. I saw it coming in February and knew that the way we here in America panic and fight with one another that it was just a matter of time before we’d be doing the same.

Day by day I was watching this unfold and then I received a call from our daughter who’s in the Army. Soldiers had it, then her roommate had it. Then they were quarantined in a little 15’ x 15’ room.

I was sitting in my shop and I’ll be quite frank, I was in shock taking all this in. I sat on a stool for like 2 hours and the whole time I’m thinking “wtf is going on these days” . A lot of people around me look to me for advice and I had none. I was actually quite sad, not clinically depressed, just really in the dumps. My daughter was all I could think of.

So I started reflecting on memories of her and wanna know what I saw in my minds eye? A little tyke sitting in a Baby Ace fuselage on it’s gear in my old driveway. I had gotten rid of it years ago but that Baby Ace fuselage was a big memory for all of us.

Somewhere during this shop sitting thing I poured myself a glass of Russell Reserve 10 year bourbon. Did some more sitting. Did a lot more thinking and reflecting. It was maybe 9:00 pm I think? Hard to recall. It was late February, around the 20th I’m sure. Things were shutting down, Americans were choosing sides and I was in my shop with a bourbon. Lol.

This is where my project begins.

Back