• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Hello to all

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgwendling

A little background. I've had the flying bug for all of my life but only last year I decided to do something about it. I went and got my PPASEL!:D
Since I live in the middle of nowhere, renting a plane is tough at best and the cost of owning a production plane is not the way I want to go.
Since I am a hands on guy and I fix (or terminally break) almost everything I own, I figured I would build my own plane. I chose a Fisher Avenger for my first project because it's wood. I have been working with the stuff for over twenty years now and have most of the tools (You never have all the tools:p: ).
I'm building from plans so just cutting the material to size and sanding has taken a month (a couple hours a night and more on the weekends). I've gotten the right wing glued together and ready for rigging, all of the spars and ribs are made. My plan is to get all of the wood glued together before it gets too cold, and do the rigging and engine this winter. I hope to start covering next summer.
Of course everyone knows a plan only lasts till the ink dries:rolleyes: .
Well, that's enough for now. See you all in the forums.

Attachments

• wing6web.jpg
    wing6web.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Back