• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

4500rpm propeller to negate the PSRU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfarber

I've been reading that quite a few airplanes are swinging much smaller props much faster... 4000rpm and above and still seeing good cruise speeds.

Sensetech and Warp drive make 4000rpm props for the Rotax and the performance charts look decent:

https://www.propellor.com/Content/I...cles/CFC/Airmaster AP332 WD to WW upgrade.pdf

Air racers also seem to live quite well with high rpm/small diameter props.

Rough numbers would be a 45-50 inch prop (I know, crazy tiny when compared to engines turning half the RPM)

Does anyone have any info to point me to regarding successes and failures along this line? A PSRU is all of 30lbs so it not really sure the effort is worth then weight savings or trouble to find such a unique propeller.

Back