• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

About That Seating Capacity...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I've posted previously about a new project I just got, it's a Rocky Mountain Wings "Ridge Runner" Model 2. Doing some research on this aircraft, to see just what I had gotten myself into, I noticed that they claimed it was capable of carrying a passenger. OK, cool... maybe I could give someone a ride if I needed to...

And then I found the picture below, as part of a Dan Johnson review article, showing two people sitting in this airplane. Now folks, yes I do indeed come from Los Angeles, and we're very "inclusive" in this part of the country, but I'm afraid this would be questionable even out here during our yearly "Pride Parade".

It made me think that there seem to be a pretty large number of airplanes that claim to have room for X number of occupants, but in reality it is a Y seat airplane. So this thread is to display, discuss, ridicule, or marvel at the differences between brochure seating capacity, actuaal comfort, and real-world reality.

Here's the benchmark to start the discussion !
272_8.jpg

Back