• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Plans for Rocky Mountain Wings "Ridge Runner" UL/LSA Aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
I have just purchased a Ridge Runner 1, mostly built and covered, and in reasonable shape. "Minor project" status, going through everything, major cleanup and inspection, etc.

Like so many "estate sale" deals, I got a great price and not a freakin' scrap of paperwork.I would loike very much to beg, borrow, purchase, or get a copy of the plans and instructions for this aircraft, so I can figure out how to assemble and balance it, what parts go where, be an educated owner, etc.

The original Avid Flyer begat the Kitfox, and then two Kitfox employees (the Schrader bros.) built kits for a single place version called Sky Raider, and then one of the brothers (Stace Schrader) broke off and sold a very similar single place kit called the Ridge Runner. That's what I got. But the company apparently no longer exists.

So anyone who can lay hands on a set of plans, instructions, or documentation for this airplane please contact me via PM, thank you.

Back