• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

T&G Valkyrie (sort of a 3/4 scale Fi-156 Storch)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

This idea violates the simplicity rule for the T&G thread so I'll post it here.

All the recent talk about tube and gusset got me spooled up a little so I dusted off an old idea for a scale(ish) Fieseler Fi-156. Originally it was going to be all wood but that make the bird cage a bit tricky (would have to transition to tube anyway) so I'm seeing how T&G would work out.

The wing is already drawn up and ready for CNC. It's kind of neat, the spars get assembled into the ribs and it's all tab and slot. The LE slats are still TBD, maybe sheet metal, maybe composite. I posted a thread about it a long time ago. I'd post a link but our search function seems to be on the fritz.

A Storch cowl shape will be ideal for holding a VW with a redrive. ...I still have to draw the cowl and redrive
Valk 19 LO1.jpg

Slats, flaps and off road gear. Perfect for my kind of flying.
Valk 19 LO.jpg

It would have a proper Fi-156 bird cage, great viability.
Valk 19 LO2.jpg

Doors on both sides, I'd fly it without doors 11 months out of the year.
Here's a stereo image to make sense out of the tubes. It's a lot of tubes but the Tube-O-Matic would knock them out really quick.
Valk19 Stereo.jpg

Back