• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

talk about tedium!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starflight

Saskatchewan..."GO RIDERS"(pride)where's my banjo?
I recently wanted to produce some small parts to the required dimensions, so that they would be ready to install once the large portions of the aircraft were ready for assembly. Some of the first (107 total per wing panel) would be the corner blocking. My wing modification included an increase in semi-span which did not require a change in the number of ribs; only a slight spacing increase. The thickness of airfoil was reduced to 14%, as was the chord of the wing; back to 50 inches (VP-1). The number of corner blocks required for the front spar (5" each) is 53. The aft spar (4-1/4") requires 42, and the aileron (6 feet long X 13.25") requires twelve 4" long corner blocks. Total dollars for 5/8" X5/8" triangular Sitka material from ASC is $69.08 per wing panel.

Back