• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Liability Protection For Homebuilt Aircraft Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daleandee

Curious ...

Selling home built aircraft can have liability that some builders really try to avoid. Lately, on some other sites, I've seen ways that have been taken to reduce or eliminate risk. Some more serious than others.

EAA has some good information here:

https://www.eaa.org/eaa/aircraft-bu...-buying-articles/part-4-parting-out-liability

Still some go beyond paper work or simply parting out:

Scrapped-No-1537.jpg

Still there is the absolute extreme way to protect oneself (perhaps this should have been added to the "Don't Do Anything Dumb" thread):

I don't have any intention of selling my aircraft but if I did ...

Dale
N319WF

Back