• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Zenith / Zenair 701 Serial Number Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Maybe some HBA guy who is also on the zenith.aero discussion board can help me here.

I have signed up for zenith.aero but I am still not approved yet as a member, so I can't get an answer to this question yet, and patience is not my strong suit with information gathering. (I'm almost patient enough with the hardware :) )

I am buying a 701 repair project. The plans number is 7-3199. The FAA database shows the AWC was issued in 2003.

I cannot find a cross-reference on the Zenith factory "Builder Resources" section that tells me which plans revision, which gross weight, or which structural upgrades that this S/N plan set would have.

No, I do not have possession of the project yet, otherwise I'd look all that up.

So I'm trying to find out whether I have the old wing, the new wing, the old gross weight, the new gross weight, the old fuel tanks, etc. etc.

If any of you guys who are on the zenith.aero site now can find this out now, or if any of you happen to be having lunch with Roger or Sebastien today, I would appreciate the ability to spend this weekend on the learning curve instead of the holding pattern.

Back