• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

MiniMAX 1100R w/277 Rotax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lake_harley

Supporting Member
I really enjoyed building my MiniMAX. It's basically a 1100 fuselage but being weight conscious and wanting to make legal ultraligh weight, I got the "go ahead" from David at MiniMAX and built the wings to the 1030 plan. Engine is a 277 Rotax with belt reduction and is running a GSC adjustable prop. Instruments were all new.

It has been flown on two separate occasions by an experienced pilot friend of mine. His report was that it flew nicely, climbed well, and had no bad manners in flight or in landing. It has always been kept in an enclosed hangar.

I realize I have too many other interests (motorcycles and hot rods), and although I tried really hard I didn't have much luck learning to land with satisfactory results on a regular basis in the Kitfox II that my friend and I owned together. He was my instructor and I just didn't seem to be able to get my flare timing right.

It will be a sad day for me when it sells, but someone will end up with a nicely built MiniMAX. Completed empty weight was 246#, so it's completely Part 103 Ultralight legal. It probably looks white in the photos, but it's actually a very light grey. Price is $4500.00

Contact Lynn for info. (573) 788-2574 or [email protected] !cid_15c73eb6289cc1442242.jpg 20151205_134107-1.jpg P1030090.JPG 20150912_172822-1.jpg

Back