• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wittman Tailwind Ferriable C-85 $4000 !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
OK my fellow bargain-hunting bozos, The Great L. Cheapo presents a most generous gift...

Somebody is probably going to be very happy to get this. If I had the dough I'd be all over this.

I have no financial interest in this sale, and nothing to do personally with the aircraft. Take this airplane away for the positively subterranean price of $4000.00 !

This evening a friend of mine turned me on to a "hangar clean-out" sale, there's a pretty darn good looking Tailwind in there. It is apparently a W-8, which is the original wing without the large trapezoidal tips. But still a very very capable and classic aircraft. Many of these have had the later wingtips added to the existing wing, and get a significant performance boost. The Tailwind is always the best bang for the buck in a performance homebuilt. (Jim Rust's O-320 Tailwind, just about the best of the breed, embarrasses RV-4's, 6's and 7's on a daily basis)

Continental C-85 with electric start, 3 blade propeller. I DO NOT have any airframe/engine times, compressions, or other detailed info.

There had been one reported incident of water incursion into the wing, which was drained and looked at. Fortunately the airplane is in the dry warm Arizona desert, so there wouldn't be water in there for very long.... but definitely absolutely certainly look at it closely again before making any assumptions. It has been in a covered hangar as seen in the photo.

Located at AZ50 airport, a really nice private strip 25 miles south of Hoover Dam on the AZ side of the river. North of Kingman on Highway 95 (AZ highway 95, not US 95)

Judging by the photo alone, this represents a fantastic bargain. Do NOT contact me, I'm not involved with this except that I want to see one of you bums get this and put it back into the air.

Contact Bill Reid 702-581-2022, and if he asks you can tell him that the other Bill posted it on the Homebuilt Airplanes group. He has more photos and can put you in touch with the actual owner/seller of the Tailwind.

Tailwind AZ50-1.JPG

Back