• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bendix RSA10ED1 Flex Coupling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

Greetings,

I have a Bendix RSA unit and since the engine is turbocharged there are a lot of aluminum pipes that lead to the Bendix. All of the pipes from the air filter to the turbocharger, to the intercooler are aftermarket automotive aluminum pipes and silicone couplers with the spring loaded stainless T-Bolt clamps sourced from Amazon Aircraft Supply and I am very happy with all of this stuff.

What I am NOT happy with is the final coupling that connects these pipes to the opening of the Bendix. What I have now is the aluminum pipe and a silicone coupling but the problem is that there is not enough room on the Bendix throat to connect a T-Bolt band clamp...the width of the band clamp is too thick. I tried a worm gear band clamp that is a thinner width but now the silicone coupler looks like it wants to pop off.

What is the OEM connector from the last pipe to the Bendix?

What is other people using for this last stretch of pipe?

Still getting the engine installed...a bunch of life keep getting in the way of my airplane project!!!

Back