• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Fuel Lines in Composite Airplane - Glass them In or Use Clamps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wsimpso1

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am installing hard fuel lines in my composite airplane. The ones in the stub wings will only have access to allow me to remove and install the outer wing panels (with the fuel tanks). They will be essentially sealed in once the top wing skins are bonded and taped in place. I am leaving them with a healthy zig-zag to allow reconnecting if I have to cut off a flare and redo it at some point.

I could drill nice big holes in each surface they penetrate, then apply a bracket and an Adel clamp per AC 43.13. Or I could just drill holes with the tiniest of clearance and fiberglass them in with some dry micro and a fiberglass tape. So, which way would you do this in an inaccessable fiberglass structure and why?

Billski

Back