• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TVresearch

Hi there,

I work for a television production company and I am currently doing some research into the exciting world of aviation.

I am trying find stories of people who have built their own incredible and unusual flying machines and aircraft (or are still building), and was wondering whether anyone here would be willing to share their stories with me?

The more unusual the craft the better - we are looking for everything from self designed planes and gyroplanes, to experimental eVTOL's and paramotors.

If you are willing to share your story then please respond to this post - it would be great to find out a little bit about yourselves and your projects. What have you built? Is it finished? Why did you decide on this? Do you have an aviation background? If not, what industry do you work in?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give with this - I am looking forward to hearing your stories.

Back