• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

The Prodigal Volksplane Returns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FritzW

Kill the fatted calf, my old Volksplane has returned!

I finally brought my VP-1 home today. I traded it off a few years ago and traded back for it last year and it took a year to get around to hauling back to my hangar.

After ~1500 hours in 16 years of flying and 3 years of neglect in the back of a hangar (she's been rode hard and put away wet) it's going to need a complete restoration. The last owner did a few things that I'll have to un-do (like the funky windshield).

I also got my low seat, wide body fuselage back in the deal. I may just recover the wings and tail feathers and put them on that fuselage. I've got a couple of engines sitting around that would work (a GPAS 1835 and HAPI 2180(?), ...maybe the 1835 with a redrive, hummm )

20190513_141736_resized_1.jpg

Back