• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Two of my excel files which you may find useful,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rapidshot

Hi all,

File: Aircraft Performance, limited with rectangular wings and 2 bladed props, no taper at all,
contains
Basic aerodynamics ,
Static thrust,
In flight thrust
Tail preliminary sizing
Takeoff ground roll
Rate of climb
Range
Neutral point, power effect is not considered because it shifts the NP only by 3 percent,
Elevator sizing, (downwash needs to be ironed from Naca report 648)

All metric

In Hamilton sheet u will find a static thrust curve ( vertical axis is Ct/Cp, Thrust and Power coefficients) for 2 bladed props having a Blade Activity Factor of 80, I pulled out this curve from Hamilton's Generalized Method of Propeller Performance Estimation for GA Aircraft, this article can be downloaded from NTRS server,

File: Flaps

Valid for rectangular wings, plain flaps, can be partial, i digitized curves from The Aerodynamic Characteristics of Flaps by Young which is available in Aerade server, data will be entered into B60,62, 64 and 66,

I wrote these files in IOS Numbers and converted to Excel, so the files come with unprotected cells and lost red colors of data input cells, no macros,if you use it try not to enter data in cells containing formulas

The thread didn't allow me to upload the files directly so i had to upload them into my dropbox and give the links here,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vkvq796kolkaqd/Aircraft performance .xlsx?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6bq0wm5aqm33zfh/Flaps.xlsx?dl=0

Last edited:
Back