• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

How Far Should Vernatherm Close At 60-ish F?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

At 63 F in the hangar I removed the oil filter adapter and looked into the cavity that the Vernatherm is installed to verify that the nut was indeed still installed on the tip of the Vernatherm and I noticed that the spring was not completely extended to the point where the cone tip would insert into the conical seat so the oil would not be completely bypassed (see picture)..in other words some oil would be able to go to the oil cooler. Is this normal???

I kinda assumed that at 63F oil temperature that the oil cooler would be completely bypassed until more like 120 F and then at that point the tip would start its movement to the closed off position.

The Vernatherm PN is "SL53E19600 REV-B 21746" and it appears to be in excellent shape

Attachments

• Vernatherm.jpg
    Vernatherm.jpg
    645.6 KB · Views: 9
Back