• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Using solidworks to verify wing egress from basement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmax351

[h=2]I've got a basement i'm planning to turn into a workshop for a fly baby. I do want to confirm that I will be able to remove the plane without needing to build egress windows through the foundation.[/h]

The basement has a staircase in the middle, dividing between a finished and unfinished half. I'd rather not bother adding egress windows or similar digging in the foundation.

There are non-bearing walls on the side of the staircase, which I plan to knock down one or both as needed when the wings are complete. If needed, I can remove the stairs as well.

I'd build a mockup, but then I'd need to knock down the walls, and put them back up, to knock them down again.

So I build a mock up in solidworks. https://1drv.ms/u/s!An4agHH7T0TFiPIn4MIuLGiXCG9kRQ

The model has a rough version of the wing, and the basement set up with the walls removed. Once its through the stairs, it's a straight shot.

Anyone want to give it a go? I never got good at the motion control features. Any thoughts on other ways to figure out if it will fit short of cutting the walls down and making a cardboard/scrap wood model?​

44156992_10161005784360711_4749972506385842176_n.jpg

Back