• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

A nifty Flea I’ve never seen before

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris In Marshfield

Staff member
Supporting Member
I visited UL Chapter 1 this morning for the first time at their monthly “briefing”. Neat group of people looking to bring visibility to open air low and slow flying. While getting the tour of various hangars and flying critters, I saw a Flea variant I hadn’t seen before. Unique bird.

53362E09-54D4-4781-8D09-1DFFDEDDA066.jpg D07731B6-94B9-4AE2-9545-49B281861D0B.jpg

HM.1000 Ballerit, it said on the side.

And also super cool, it shared a hangar with this cool treasure:

CA675D70-BDB0-4A94-AEE1-BDC35D8FBB47.jpg

I saw some some other cool stuff today, some sadly neglected stuff, and a poor little Airport destined to disappear. I hope it doesn’t, but Capitol Airport in Brookfield, WI is in such disrepair and nobody cares to do much with it, it seems, except for a few folks in UL1 that are trying to make their end of the field look like they care. At least as long as the Airport remains intact.

Back