• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Honeycomb structures. How to do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nestofdragons

Supporting Member
Hallo, i am trying to find as much as possible info about this building technique.

It kind of sounds like building a airplane LEGO-style if the parts are CNC-cut. But ... i guess there is more to it.

I am trying to collect as much info as possible about it. The good stuff and the mistakes already being made.
I know of the Belite Skydock which i saw in Airventure 2015.
I know of the Facetmobile NASA project.
Link leads to pdf about this project.

Also info about covering those honeycomb structures with alu skin would be suuuper. Glue is being used here. How long does it take for these glues to get hard? Are jigs being used to keep skin on structure during curing?

Thanks in advance.

Back