• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Part 103 Glider Tug designs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b7gwap

Hey everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone here has done glider towing with an ultralight. I suppose the logical next question is "what kind of glider are you planning on towing up?" I bought some ULF-1 plans and am years out from ever completing it, but I wanted to see if any of you ultralighters have done this. Even if you just towed up HGs I'd be interested in:

What make/model/engine/gross weight the tug was,
What make/model/pilot weight of glider was towed,
Terrain and field length, obstacles, etc.
Techniques, mechanisms (type and locations of releases, line lengths and materials)
Was it any fun? Too dangerous? Recommend other methods of getting a sailplane aloft? (winches, car tows, etc.)

Thanks everyone, I love this forum.

Austin

Back