• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Well, decided to ask the collective intelligence here... Thunderbird ultralight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Have found a decent Thunderbird twin seat (it would lose one seat immediately) which is currently being flown as a heavy ultralight today. Decent shape, but have read some negatives about the T-Bird. I have read some comments here on the forum, but would like any additional data I can get. This one has the Cuyuna AWM engine installed. Supposed to be an 80hp engine. Owner says the wings are easily removable, which would be a bonus for me. Would be flying it out of a 2000' grass strip if I get it. T-hanger there. This is a nose dragger which is fine for the moment, flying a 150 at present and had a Musketeer for awhile.

Any comments always appreciated. Been trying to save up for an LSA bird, but the $ is just not there yet. So this is what I have found that is affordable. Any comments appreciated.

Derswede

Back