• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rules for building scale model that flies like full-size plane?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giggi

I recall reading a thread here some time ago in which someone detailed a procedure for designing a 1/3 scale rc plane to give it "degraded" flight characteristics so it performs more like a full-scale version than a typical model, despite the lower reynolds numbers. Mainly it used some calculation to determine the necessary thrust to weight ratio, wing loading, etc. relative to those numbers for the full size version...

I can't find the thread with the HBA search and googling only turns up very rough methods that don't involve any math. Anyone here know, or know where I can find more information on this procedure?

Back