• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Has NASA lost it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

I have a huge interest in engine design and history and alternative engine concepts, especially as applied to aircraft engines. This MYT engine concept recently won some kind of award given out by no less an authority than NASA.

Fuel Efficient Vehicles » NASA Winner: Massive Yet Tiny (MYT) Engine design

The claims made for it are nothing short of outrageous and watching the videos MYT puts out makes me think of infommercials on TV and snake oil salesmen.

I quote : "A 25 lb MYT engine gives 200 to 500 hp at 150 mpg of biofuel, and the biofuel also is the lubricant, no oil needed."

And NASA, whom I always held in pretty high esteem, swallows this nonsense and actually encourages this kind of idiocy??

The engine, needless to say has never run by itself nor produced any kind of power; videos only show it running on compressed air,proving nothing except that the parts actually go around. And if it did, it would melt in about two minutes since it has no method of cooling such a prodigious power output.

Pure Rube Goldberg.........Or Heath Robinson, as the the British like to cal it.

Back