• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Custom Lycs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macosxuser

So does anyone here have any experience with build up hybrid Lycoming's from spare parts lying around? Say I have a O-290-G lying around, already converted for aircraft use, but in need of overhaul. Besides the basics, anybody know whats needed machining wise to fit a O-320 crank (and which one) and -320 cylinders (I know the cases can fit them, it's been done).

Alternatively, I was thinking about maybe finding a few O-435 angle valve jugs with the -320 crank. I'd also like to fit a constant speed prop, but don't know if that is possble given the neck design of the -290G case. Probably going to be SDS EFI fuel managment and one mag one EI for spark.

This is all in theory right now, but I'd enjoy the challenge of making it reality. XIO-290 anyone?

Back