• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Cable Operated Fuel Shutoff Valve Ideas PLEASE!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

I am plumbing up a fuel system and I need to buy or construct a Fuel Shutoff Valve that has a bracket for the pull cable. My shutoff valve will be located near the header tank and I have a Bowden cable that will be routed to the valve and the design will be such that when the handle is pulled the Bowden cable will pull and actuate the valve handle from the straight position to the 90 degree position and cut off the fuel..

My system currently has a hardware store ball valve with adapters to go from NPT to AN-8 male ends and that is OK however there is no provision for the shutoff valve pull cable anchor/bracket so I would like to buy one or make one that has the bracket to anchor the outside cable sheath.

Does anyone know of a vendor for such a fuel cutoff valve with bracket or would like to share pictures of their purpose made bracket?

THANKS for the help!!!

Back