• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Second Chantz BRS Removal (For sale if you want it)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsoftware

My newly acquired aircraft, an Avid Model B, has a Second Chantz BRS installed that is rated for 900lbs; I could not find a date on the device, but I would presume that it would need a new rocket motor and re-pack.

Since this device obviously has some pretty nasty pyro in it, I just thought I would ask if anyone has any experience removing them. I believe that as long as I watch out for the safety, it should be fairly straight forward and all connections are internal.

I DON'T want an early Fourth of July.

I will try and contact the company, but their web site appears to be all jacked up, so they may, or may not still be in business.

I will wait for a little while to see if anyone wants it and can pick it up, otherwise, I will need to figure out how to remove the rocket motor and dispose of it appropriately.

Did I mention that they installed the BRS right next to the auxiliary fuel tank right behind the passenger seat?

Seems like a Darwinian moment waiting to happen to me!!!!

Back