• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 447 Ignition/kill switch Specs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crkckr

I have a Kolb Firefly that currently has no spark. Pulling the ignition switch out, it literally came apart in my hands, so I'm hoping that's the cause of the problem. The switch that was in the airplane said "0.4 VA MAX" on the side, which, if I'm reading it correctly, seems a bit light weight. I ordered a new 6A switch but I'm not exactly sure if that's even enough. I'll be hanged if I can find any specs on what it should be! The best I've been able to find is a part number for Quicksilver but even with that I couldn't find any actual specs. There's lots of info in the 912/914 engines but nothing on the 2 strokes.

Can someone please tell me what the switch should be rated at?

Also, the switch was installed with two black wires, one of which also had a green/black wire connected to it. The green/black wire goes to ground. Is this the correct set up? As of now, I intend to use a locking On/Off toggle, instead of the 3 position switch that was originally installed. Any comments on that?
Thanks,
Mike

Back