• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Black Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomic_Sheep

EDIT: I AM TRYING TO COLLECT AS MUCH DATA ON THE DH88 AS I CAN. IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING OR KNOWS SOMEONE THAT MIGHT KNOW USEFUL INFORMATION, THAT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. I HAVE COLLECTED ENOUGH PHOTOS BUT LACK 3 VIEW DRAWINGS (ONLY HAVE 2 AND ONLY ONE OF WHICH IS GOOD) BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY I ONLY HAVE 1 DIAGRAM THAT SHOWS AN EXPLODED VIEW OF THE ARICRAFT AND DUE TO ITS SIZE ITS OF LIMITED USE. IF YOU HAVE THE PHONE NUMBER OF ITS DESIGNER THAT WOULD BE GREAT ALSO :grin:.

Conceptual Design - Black Fury

Aerodynamics:
Built for speed

Structure & Materials:
Aluminium consturuction

Propulsion:
Twin internal combustion engines

Systems & Equipment:
Glass cockpit with redundant electronics

Weight:
Empty 1300kg
Loaded 2500kg

Performance:
Range of 5000km
top speed cruise 400km/h

Stability and Control:
Unknown at the moment

Operating Economics:
As efficient as possible for something with speed in mind

Noise:
Not an issue?

Initial Design:
de Havilland 88 Comet

EDIT 2: Down the bottom I have included screenshots of 99% of the images that I have collected so far. Information wise, well it's not much better. Not many detailed articles relating to the way it was built.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 556
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
Back