• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Rotax 582 / Bing carburetor question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm helping a guy with a Quicksilver Sport 2S with a 582. It has a 72" 3 blade Warp Drive prop. It wasn't getting the proper rpm... should be 6500 static but we were seeing less than 6200 at full throttle in flight, and the rate of climb was very poor. I took some pitch out of the prop, to the value others say it should be (14° at rhe tip), now it gets to 6450 in flight at climb speed, but the climb rate is still half what it should be.

I pulled the air filters, and I see that the throttle slides don't go all the way up; they're about 1/4" away when the throttle lever is all the way forward. What I'm wondering is how much difference does that last bit of travel make? On my Cuyuna (with Mikuni
carb), not much, but maybe the Bing is different?

Dana

Back