• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Afordable biplane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabreC

Hey everyone. I'm only 16 but I want to learn all about building before I start, and that wont be anytime soon...

So, I'm looking for a kit plane, or even just an aeroplane to refurbish. I would realy love to own a biplane that I can fly around Australia wearing the old-school goggles, headwear and of-course the leather jacket.

I want an aerobatic aircraft with two seats, that can go crusing and is not crazy on fuel. I realy like the Tiger Moth and Avro Cadet. Another thing I'd like to be able to do is remove the wings to place in the trailor, and maybe even a car engine. But that aint old-school...

P.S. Two seater.

So any tips on keeping it cheap, refurbish or kit, and anything else I need to know. Especialy some aircraft you could recomend.:)

Thanks mans!

Back