• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

R W Hovey prop design book

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aerowerx

I came across a pdf copy of "Simplified Propellers for Low Speed Home Built Aircraft", by R W Hovey.

I think he is the designer of the Whing Ding ultralight biplane.

Anyway, I came across it quite by accident in, of all places, Google images even though it is a PDF of the full book.

This was a 2nd edition, and I am not sure what the copyright status is (published in 1972 and it says "copyright pending") as there are newer versions. It is only 64 pages, so I printed a copy for easier reading (guess I'm old-fashioned!) and, for some reason I do not understand, did not save a copy of the file.

My printer burped when printing, and I am now missing a page. But I don't remember what search terms I typed in that brought it up. Some combination of 'wood', 'propeller', 'carving', and/or 'design'.

Can anyone out there help me find it again? This time I will save a copy.

Back