• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

hmm. D motor f 39 or ULpower 360iS ? Cub style 2-seater (highlander)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timstertimster

Both same price range.

I like the simplicity of the d motor. A bit worried about the company being smaller.

ULpower looks like they're becoming another Rotax but the engines look pretty complex.

I just can't make up my mind. I'm not an engine nut. But want to be sure that I can fix it myself in a pinch and I'd expect to always have some keen spare parts anytime I go off grid.

Both engines look like they can handle freezing temperatures and 10k altitudes.

Anyone here have real life everyday experi ce with either of these?

Thanks.

Back