• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

quick build 2 place biplanes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The4ork

Im thinking about building a homebuild two place biplane but have little knowledge of homebuilds outside of the VANS kits, as I have helped on 3 different vans projects and have seen several at various stages of the build process.

What scares me is wood. I took woodshop back in highschool and that’s my extent of wood building experience. I am more comfortable with metal. But I don’t think there are a whole lot if any all metal biplanes, and honestly if there were they would lose that vintage vibe.

So im wondering, what is the least labor intensive two place biplane to build? I’m highly considering finding a 50% finished project, maybe something with a finished fuselage that needs the wings and the FWF built.

Probably the one with the least support but IMO is totally badass is the Knight Twister Coed. Lack of support is scary. Wood is scary. Lack of any finished models very scary.

I want something quick and sporty, light-moderate aerobatics, and able to keep up in formation with the low power RV’s or at least the bonanzas

Any suggestions?

Back