• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Tips and tricks for building a LIGHT aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys. Looking for tips on building a very light Cassutt. My goal is to build the lightest Cassutt possible without re-engineering the plane.

So let's hear your thoughts. I'd like to cover every possible square inch of this airplane from light weight finishes to light weight washers and everything in between. Firewall forward? Everything. Cowling? If I have to hand shape it from aluminum I will. I want this LIGHT.

There's a lot of smart people on this board, I'd like to hear from everyone possible even if it's just an idea.

Thanks, Scrap.

Back