• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

My new radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wally

I thought I would start this and share what I am doing with My Pitts. I just bought a Flight Line FL-760 transceiver. It is made in Japan. It looks kinda like the Micro Air, Becker and ATR radios. It mounts in a 2 and 1/4 inch instrument hole! It is very light weight. And about as inexpensive as you can find in an aircraft radio. A little over $600. However it is not for certified planes.

I hope to have it installed and try it out in a week of so.

It has provisions for a 2 place intercom, up to 35 preset frequencies, a stuck mic feature that shuts off the transmit after 1, 3 or 5 minutes continuous keyed, and a prioritory channel select button, and inout for a remote advance switch for the preset frequencies.

I just hope it will work well in my noisy Pitts cockpit. I have straight exhaust pipes right below my feet.

More later...
Best wishes,
Wally

Back