• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Bondo in glass

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slars

The plans I have say to use Bondo to glue the wing cores into the jigs. The first side I glued the foam cores together with micro and set them in the jigs. This worked quite well. It made for good alignment and was easy to vacuum bag the wing.

Glassing the second side sets the twist in the wing and requires more precise alignment. I couldn't think of a good way to hold the alignment, so I used Bondo to hold the already glassed side of the wing in the jigs. This made it a little more difficult to vacuum bag, but the concern I have is the Bondo in the glass after removing it from the jigs. I don't want Bondo in my plane.

Can anyone suggest a way to get the Bondo out of the glass without damaging the glass fibers or the foam core? I will be using micro to finish the wing.

Back