• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Non-conventional Brake Ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gjsteube

Got so much great feed back on my first question on the HBA, that I'd like to ask another. Is anyone else besides me, working on a "non-conventional" brake system? I'm trying to limit the number of parts needed for a braking system on my Dub-Eagle. I'm going to swallow my pride and post a mock-up picture of what I'm working on to land in the mud holes down here. From what I've seen on the 7BC Champ I fly, it's on the 2nd set of brake disc pucks since 1947. So I'm guessing my braking use will see very little wear on the friction area of the rim. Any feed back will be appreciated. (I'm trying to get the pic to post, may take a minute)

Back