• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

P-40 Warhawk 1/2 Size Replica?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DreamChaser

I was wanting some expert advise and opinions you guys have on a design concept of a Half size replica of a Curtiss P-40 War Hawk, but with a ultra light aluminum frame and body just like the hummel bird - teenie two - sd-1 minisport - or even a Cri Cri. what do you guys think? my engine will be a Hirth f-23 50hp. I am skilled in aluminum welding and fabricating so the building wont be the problem I just don't know it will perform like the full scale aircraft? I will try and keep the weight less than 300 around 275-285 empty. -The Original P-40 is: Crew: 1 Length: 31.67 ft (9.66 m) Wingspan: 37.33 ft (11.38 m) Height: 12.33 ft (3.76 m) -1/2 P-40 Crew: 1 Length: 15.83 ft Wingspan: 18.65 ft Height: 6 ft Weight: no more than 275 lbs empty. Engine: Hirth F-23 50HP

Back