• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

New Homebuilt Anything

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovaXQ

About 10 years ago, I lived in a neighborhood with experimental kids. We built, dug, exploded:ban:, toppled, expanded, all sorts of things just because it was fun and we could. One time, we tried to make an airplane and it was the single most exciting thing we'd ever attempted. The very idea that it was possible and that we could maybe make it happen was the most exciting thing imaginable at the time. Adrenaline would shoot through my veins any and every time I thought about it. All we got was "It has a chassis and it moves". I always fantasized about it after that. How cool would it be to be 12 and be able to fly anywhere in the country (Germany, at the time)? Well, here we are a decade later and I got curious this morning when I was reading an article about a mailman in his 60s from Florida landing his copter on the White House lawn. Digging a little deeper, I found all sorts of stuff from the last 20 years about building your own aircraft right at home. It blew my mind and I felt exactly the way I did years ago. I understand I won't start tomorrow. I understand it'll cost an orphan and a nun to even get started but it'll definitely be worth it to at least fly around my town once. I still have no idea where to start, but I'll be on here for a while sifting through posts and questions trying to get my arms around this thing.

I hope you guys can help me out because there's no way in hell I have any slight idea what I'm doing. As an end-goal, I'd simply like to do what I read in an article this morning saying one person could fly to different small airports and meet people. That, without a doubt, sounds life-changing and I refuse to not be a part of it.

Back