• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Shaving weight without sacrificing safety

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubber314chicken

What are some good ways to shave weight from an airplane? The panel I'm imagining is pretty complex, and I feel like its going to add a bit too much weight. What are some ways you guys cut weight from a panel, or the whole plane in general?

I've already decided that there will be a few less breakers and switches (this is a rough sketch I did, everything is fully planned) by eliminating the lighting (I wouldn't fly at night anyways) and there will be no vacuum gauge as I'll just use a compass, and not a gyro (what is the difference anyways) and yes I know there are two trim knobs, there will only be one, my mistake, and the throttle on the right is for fuel cutoff, couldn't find a thing for it on the program (www.epanelbuilder.com) But what else could be substituted for weight?

Attachments

• panel.bmp
    281.7 KB · Views: 283
Back