• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Is this vacuum bagged layup OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slars

Here are some test layups I did. They are knitted biax (2 layers of 12oz) or knitted triax (1 layer of 21oz). The foam was painted with epoxy and no micro. The next layer is the glass, followed by peel ply, perf ply, and bleeder. I have tried 29 inches vacuum and 10 inches with almost identical results.

I am not sure if these are OK to use and would appreciate some comments from people who have done this.

Thanks.
Steve

Attachments

• Triax Test 3.jpg
    Triax Test 3.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Biax Test 4.jpg
    Biax Test 4.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Biax Test 3.jpg
    Biax Test 3.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 106