• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Personal recommendations on accelerated flight training schools?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
Like many aviation-minded folks, I started my private pilot licence when I was poor but young and single. I made it to solo but then ran out of money, got married, had kids and never finished. That was about 20 years ago.

Later, I was working in Europe and was able to complete my European microlight license there (American student/Dutch instructor/Belgian aero club/German plane/Austrian engine//French registration and license). :) Then my work took me to countries in which that rating didn't do me any good so I have only flown microlights again a few times in France. That was about nine years ago.

Recently, as some of you noticed, I decided to go ahead and buy a singe-seat homebuilt.
smile%20grin.gif
But I still need to finish my PPL in order to fly it. I am tired of waiting and willing to take the time and spend the money to do it all at once.

Does anyone have any personal experience to share (positive or negative) with any schools offering intensive "two weeks to PPL" courses? I am likely looking at Florida but open to other locations in the USA or in other countries, especially South Africa or Europe.

Cheers,

Matthew

Back