• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Guy I bought wings for my project from forgot his fuel senders...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_A

In the in-wing 'wet wing' tanks... And proceeded to completely finish the wings without them...

The tanks use the leading edge of the wing to hold 20gal of fuel per wing....

NO SENDERS for a gauge... NO ACCESS to the tank except on the end.. And it's fiberglass, so drilling/cutting to mount a sensor with no access to the inside of the tank = no go...

Low wing plane...

Can I use some sort of pressure-based fuel level sensor hooked up to the line just outside the tank?

Will a 'Sight-glass' style fuel gauge (antique fuel-in-a-marked-tube' variety) work?

Any ideas that don't involve tearing into the tank/wings or trying to drill/cut into the fiberglass & re-seal it?

Back